Saturday 15 October 2016

Pizza, pudding and pink skies

 Hello!


 My last post saw my mother and grandmother arrive in Avignon. They would be here for a week; however, I had Uni for a lot of the time so we had to work to organise things around my timetable. 

 One day we went to Place Pie for lunch. Although there are a lot of restaurants in Place Pie, I had never eaten there. We picked the Brasserie du Conservatoire as it offered pizzas and exciting-sounding desserts. My Granma chose the dish of the day and my Mam chose a Margarita pizza. 

 I chose a pizza Royale, which is emmental, ham and mushroom. It's pretty close to my favourite, which they didn't do there and which is a "Reine." A Reine is like a Royale but with mozzarella instead of emmental. 

 The pizzas arrived, and we enjoyed them very much. I had apricot juice to drink - as always in the south of France, it was divine.



 We then looked through the list of exciting desserts and chose chocolate and caramel moelleux with cream and fruit sauce. They are like souffles and are amazing. I especially loved the sauce.


 I then had to scoot back to class, and my Mam and Granma enjoyed themselves wandering around town. In the evening we went up to the hotel terrace, which has wonderful views of Avignon. The sky that night was very moody, to the point where some of the photos don't look quite real! I assure you I have done nothing with them; the sky really was that spectacular.












 Between desserts and dusky skies, it was certainly a day to remember.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment