Thursday 22 September 2016

The third photo rally!

 Salut!


 A week into my time in Avignon, I was invited to take part in a special photo rally around the town. 

 I had taken part in two photo rallies in Salamanca, one of which I won, so I was excited to jump back into the wonderful chaos of running through the streets taking photos to match prompts. It would also be a way to meet new people.

 So, on Saturday afternoon we met in Place Pie, one of the main squares in the old town. We had a drink together first and chatted. I ordered cherry syrup (which is mixed into water and/or ice), as did about three other people because we all saw a waiter carrying some to a table and thought it looked nice!

 It was nice, very much so, and I enjoyed chilling in the shade and getting to know the group. We decided to do the rally for fun rather than as a competition. We finished our cherry syrups and headed off towards our first destination, a restaurant with a rather interesting name.

 It was a lovely, sunny day and I tried to play with light, shadows and colours as I took my photos.






 We arrived at Le Cul de Poule, which in English is something like "The Chicken's Arse". Charming!






 Our next mission was to take a selfie with some bikes. Luckily there were some VéloPop ones about.



Result!



 We then had to stand in a fountain! I wasn't keen on having wet feet for the rest of the walk but some brave souls went for it.

















 We then had to pose in front of a theatre. We found one near the Palais des Papes called "Le Rouge Gorge" and created two thrilling tableaux, one starring a horse that happened to pass by, the other a terrible scene of murder.
















 Outside the Palais des Papes we got an unexpected extra selfie when we met a wedding party!












This somehow reminds me of one of those impossible staircase images



 Our next destination was the Rhône and the Pont d'Avignon.



First stabbed, then imprisoned! It's not been his day!







 Time to perfect a bridge pose...




 Voilà! Can you tell which is the real bridge and which are the people? It's hard, I know!


The bridge has collapsed!




 Back by the Palais des Papes there were several photogenic things: a pair of musicians, some people blowing huge bubbles reminiscent of the ones I saw in Barcelona, and a bunch of small children jumping up in delight to try to burst them.














 We headed to Place Horloge, where we saw another musician.




Is "Red Bul" actually yellow?




Back to the most photogenic street in France...



Giraffe!

 Our final destination was the water wheel. We tracked it down with the help of the French students - it was the one location I hadn't been to before today, so it was good to discover it. It was another very photogenic spectacle, especially in the last light of the day.




Thanks to Gommy for this selfie!





What are these creatures?

 The rally was over, and there weren't any winners or losers this time, just plenty of happiness and satisfaction and new friendship. I can hardly think of a better way I could have celebrated the end of my first week here.

 Thanks for reading!

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment